Monday, December 14, 2009

27)

I.
hello, winter break.
so i got three B's and two A's. i am content with this.
(it was a decent semester, i guess.)
i still can't believe i only have one semester left...

anyway.
christmas is a little over a week away,
and i'm almost done with my shopping.
(i love this time of year.

is it really almost 2010, though?)

II.
oh! also. i found this today.
october 2004. an assignment for my junior year english class.
(a persuasive manuscript speech.)

When I was a kid, movie watching was always a favorite pastime of mine. Yeah, I liked the Disney classics; to this day, Sleeping Beauty is still my favorite. And there was that one time my siblings and I stayed up really late to watch the Mighty Ducks movies…I thought I was pretty hardcore for being 8 years old, staying up until one in the morning. But throughout my childhood, and even up until this very day, there was only one group of movies that could enthrall me for hours. Only one group of movies sparked my curiosity so much. Only one group of movies left me wanting more when it was over. This group of movies would be: the original Star Wars Trilogy. Yes, I am a Star Wars buff, and proud of it. And it is my personal and professional opinion that the Star Wars Trilogy just might be the best ever made.

Tell me: where else can you find both violent battles involving Jedi knights and Storm troopers AND a romance between a princess and a rogue? Nowhere. These movies really have something for everyone. I’d have to say that one of my favorite battle scenes has to be between Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker, when Vader cuts off his arm – the intensity is priceless. And, you know, I can totally relate to Princess Leia: when it comes down to it, she and Han Solo are just like two teenagers. He’s too cool for school, and she doesn’t want to admit that maybe, just maybe, she likes him. Eventually, though, this theory is obviously thrown out. Throughout the movies, we are granted the opportunity to see the progression of characters like Luke Skywalker. We are also able to see the depths of their personalities. He had the wisdom of knowledge of Ben Kenobi and Yoda to see him through. I think most importantly, though, the movies are a timeless chronicle of the battle of good and evil. These movies show how easily the most innocent and pure of heart can be taken over by the dark side. From the beginning until the very end, this is made clear: only the strong will survive.


These are only a few reasons why the Star Wars trilogy is one of the best in cinematic history. Maybe if you weren’t convinced before, you are now. Maybe I’ll have inspired you to go home and watch all three movies continuously; that is, after finishing AP US History and Trig homework, of course. Whatever the case, I just want to leave you with a few simple words: “May the force be with you.”


(i still believe this, too. i love the original star wars trilogy. always will.)

III.
it's cold.
i need to go somewhere warmer.
(vacation, maybe? hmm.)
i can't wait for spring!
(i'm trying my best to be friends
with winter this year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment