Friday, April 26, 2013

244)

I.
Right now, I am thinking about travel.  It's been over a year since our last major adventure (oh, Costa Rica, how I miss you!).  We've had a few weekends and nights away here and there, but as far as an extended sort of vacation, well... it's been lacking in our lives and I am beginning to feel the acute effects of wanderlust.  Truthfully, it never really goes away... it just recedes for a bit, fading into the background before, all at once, crashing into the forefront like a wave.

Of course, the Husband and I have talked about this...  and there are several options we are currently enamored with: a trip to the Pacific Northwest, a long weekend in Las Vegas, a fall foliage drive through New England--these are all at the top of the list.

There are other places that I would like to go to as well...  California.  Colorado.  Mexico.  Canada.  Back to Costa Rica (because it was paradise!).  I've never been to Europe, and I would love to see London, Paris, Rome.  It would be so amazing to take a plane to Australia, to Southeast Asia, and explore a whole new world.  So... we'll see.  I've always had big travel dreams and I want to see and experience as much as I can, everything.

I got paid today, and after figuring out my budget for the next few weeks, I had some extra cash left over.  It wasn't a difficult decision, coming up with what to do with it; I put it in a savings account of ours.  Who knows?  Hopefully, we can use it for our next big journey, sometime soon.  In the meantime, I'll dream of hitting the open road, of soaring through the wide open sky to destinations unknown.

II.
I went on a walk the other night, almost two miles, and it was perfect.  The light was amazing and even though it was chilly, it was the perfect Spring day.  We're supposed to get weather in the 70's later this weekend...  we might finally have turned the corner (here, of course, is where I knock on wood).  So excited for good weather and the chance to be outside.




No comments:

Post a Comment