Monday, January 4, 2010

34)

i.
back to work today.
(i missed it!)

my two week vacation was lovely--stressful
at times, but, for the most part, definitely
enjoyable. it was so good to spend time
with family, so good to see friends. (is
there really only a week left in my last
winter break of undergrad? classes
start january 11th, so... i suppose so!)

back to work today, and back to school
next week. slowly, slowly but surely,
everything is coming together. i'm terrified,
mostly, but it's out of my hands. it will
all be okay. (it always is, one way or another.)

ii.
Day 01 → Your favourite song
Day 02 → Your favourite movie
Day 03 → Your favourite television program
Day 04 → Your favourite book

"It's hard being left behind. I wait for Henry, not knowing where he is, wondering if he's okay. It's hard to be the one who stays.

I keep myself busy. Time goes faster that way.

I go to sleep alone, and wake up alone. I take walks. I work until I'm tired. I watch the wind play with the trash that's been under the snow all winter. Everything seems simple until you think about it. Why is love intensified by absence?

Long ago, men went to sea, and women waited for them, standing on the edge of the water, scanning the horizon for the tiny ship. Now I wait for Henry. He vanishes unwillingly, without warning. I wait for him. Each moment that I wait feels like a year, an eternity. Each moment is slow and transparent as glass. Through each moment I can see infinite moments lined up, waiting. Why has he gone where I cannot follow?"


-The Time Traveler's Wife; Audrey Niffenegger

No comments:

Post a Comment