Thursday, January 17, 2013

231)


(A blurry self-portrait of sorts.)

I can hardly believe that it's already halfway through January.  It has been a surprisingly busy month, and it is passing by much more quickly than I thought it would.  I've been working a lot, doing some reading, writing, watching season 4 of Mad Men, and getting back into running--more on that, later.  Suffice to say, life has been pretty decent lately.

Earlier, I was sitting upstairs, glancing out the window.  Another reason why it's hard to believe we're in the middle of January... there really hasn't been a significant snowfall around these parts all winter.  It's strange, and I'm certainly not complaining, but it is a bit strange to be here, the Midwest in January, and not have any snow on the ground.  Now, today it has been quite cold and windy, so it's not like we're getting off completely easy, but...  this is a far cry from the Blizzard of 2011.

It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out, I think.  One thing's for sure, though...  I'm already looking forward to spring (always).  And it's staying lighter just a little bit later every day--that has to count for something!  Soon enough I'll be comfortably running outside...  the thought of that, and other outdoor adventures here and there, is enough to get me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment