Tuesday, February 12, 2013

234)





I was off of work today, so I decided that instead of going to the gym, I'd go for a hike at Ryerson Conservation Area.  It was cold, but not too cold, and I enjoyed the 90 minutes I spent wandering around; I should also note that for those 90 minutes, I did not see another soul...  it was just me and the trail and the river.  And to think that this place is only a few miles from my house!  We're fortunate to live in an area where there's no shortage of forest preserves and parks, that's for sure.

Life right now is lovely... stressful, exciting, good.  I registered for the Color Run in Milwaukee and Chicago... SO. EXCITED.  I don't have any idea what to expect but I know it's going to be amazing.  This also means that my running training (which I've been slacking on the last few weeks as I have been sick with a cold and just generally busy) will now be picking up...  and that menas "Jess Goes Running" will be here soon!  I've also been working on some writing here and there, and I'm feeling motivated to get work done on the first draft I wrote for NaNoWriMo 2012... so we'll see.  Other than that, we're just making plans and seeing where the next few weeks and months will lead us--so far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment