Thursday, February 21, 2013

235)

Thursday, a day off of work.  I started the task of sorting through all of my clothing--my dresser drawers had become mad disorganized--and put a few loads of laundry in.  The Mister had left for work already, so once I reached a good stopping point, I decided it was time to hop in the car and head to the gym.

I took a break yesterday, but I went to the gym the previous three days and was feeling amazing.  I've got The Color Run in Chicago coming up in June, and the Milwaukee version in August, and also, in the dead of winter, cardio helps this girl combat Seasonal Affect Disorder.  After I got to the gym, I put on my running shoes and made my way over to the elliptical for a 15 minute warmup.

Then I changed my music, hopped on the treadmill, and started running.  It's been about a year exactly since I made the decision to start Couch-to-5k and even though I know I'm leaps and bounds from where I was then, I still have a long way to go.  I got through the first mile no problem and... just kept going.

It's been a while since I ran more than a mile without doing a little bit of walking.  But this afternoon, I kept going and didn't stop until I reached two miles.  Near the end it got a little tough, but for the most part, I was surprised with how easily it came to me.  Two miles, no problem.  Granted, it was a slow two miles, but...  compared to where I was this time last year, well, I'd say I'm well on my way.  Here's hoping I'll make it to the gym after work tomorrow, for another couple of miles.  (Maybe I'm becoming a runner after all!)


Welcome to the very first edition of Jess Goes Running.  
This will be a collection of my thoughts, pains, and triumphs related to running.
It'll be a home for all things Color Run related, and other races that come up, too!
It will provide me something to look back on, too, much like my Couch-to-5k entries.
I hope you'll check in on this weekly segment and enjoy.  I am excited to see where this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment