Friday, March 22, 2013

238)


It's been spring for a few days now, and even though it's been sunny, you wouldn't know it--we've had highs of 16 degrees the last few days.  Right now it's 34 degrees, talk about a heat wave!  Polar opposite from the same time last year, where the Mister and I checked the weather back home in astonishment as we sat next to that beautiful oasis of a pool at Tropical Garden Hotel.  

(I was talking to one of my bosses yesterday, who recently took a trip to Costa Rica, about how it's been a year since we've been already and that means we need to go back ASAP.  I have a bad case of wanderlust and dreams for traveling all over the country...  the desert, the Pacific Northwest, the Upper Peninsula, New England, the list goes on.  I suppose a day trip will do for now, though.)

Even though it's been chilly, it's finally starting to feel like winter might be coming to an end, finally.  It helps that it's lighter later, now, and it won't be long before I'm able to start running outside again!  I used to have the hardest time getting through the winter, but the last few haven't been too bad.  And so I will enjoy these sunny, brisk days, savoring them and calling them to mind when we fall into the rainy gray of April.  (And even then, summer won't be far behind.)

No comments:

Post a Comment