Monday, May 13, 2013

246)


Well, as of today, there are thirty-two days until my first 5k, the Color Run in Chicago.  Only a little over a month.  It still feels so far away, but really, I know it'll be here before I'm really ready.  The last few weeks, I've been feeling like my training had stalled somewhat.  It wasn't that I was feeling unmotivated necessarily, but being incredibly busy at work and, then, catching the annual May cold that I always seem to get.  I took a week off from working out completely to give myself a chance to recover.  

Yesterday, I went for a walk that was over three miles, and it was glorious.  Today, I decided I'd lace up the running shoes and hit the road again.  Spring has finally made it to Chicagoland, and I've been feeling a need to make the most of it whenever I can.  It really was the perfect day for a run and I took in the sights and splashes of color as I made my way around the neighborhood.  I ended up going 2.23 miles, and while it wasn't my fastest run, it was definitely one of my most enjoyable.

And it's amazing, because when I think back to a year ago, even earlier than that...  I could barely run a few steps.  Not even.  It's been quite a long road since then, but somehow, some way, I became a runner.  That's right--I am a runner.  And I can only go up from here.  Here's to making the most of the next thirty-two days, getting ready for my very first race.








No comments:

Post a Comment